Thursday, July 2, 2009

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY !!!

The holiday is upon us and we're all busy with plans. Some will have big family gatherings, others will celebrate on a much smaller scale and there are some where the day will go unnoticed.


Fourth of July is so important to American History... it's the day we got our Independence and became a nation of our own. There's been tough times throughout history. We've gone to war many time to defend our rights and privledges


And of course, no holiday would be complete without FIREWORKS!!!
We won't be firing off any fireworks but will enjoy those "light" shows done throughout the valley. None will never compare to those from our time in Tuttle, Oklahoma. For that to be such a small town, they put on one fantastic display. I truly think its the best I've ever seen and I've seen the one in Washington D.C. and Las Vegas.
Regardless of how the holiday will be spent, I know a few things. I'm so proud to be an American. There's not a day that goes by that I don't thank the Lord for allowing me to live in a country that's free. I praise the thousands of military servicemen that have gone and fought for my freedoms, especially those that gave their lives. I had a great grandfather that fought in the Civil War...a grandfather that fought in World War I...and uncle that lost his life in World War II and a brother that spent 26 months of his life in Viet Nam... I truly have a family history of heros.

Have a blessed and safe holiday and remember... America First!!


1 comment:

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

What a darling blog you have! My dogs were going crazy and barking hearing the "crow"! Love your new stove that does look like Ruthann's!

Hugs!
Maryjane