Tuesday, July 14, 2009

"Chicken Buc Buc"

One of my favorite blogs is "Sugar Pie Farmhouse". Aunt Ruthie has some of the neatest ideas. One is a hen sitting in a pail of straw with baby chicks emerging from beneath. I love that idea, and since we use to have some hens, I decided to go on a quest of finding my own hen. Well... I think I have. She looks just like a hen we had named "Checkers". I have the perfect crock to set her in...I just need to find some baby chicks. I also wanted to share the cutest dish towel that I received from my "Secret Sista". On this same blog, we have secret sistas that we send cards, gifts or whatever to. We got started alittle late but that's okay. We'll carry this through until our reveal in December. It's so much fun. Should my secret sista read this... "THANK YOU" so much for a darling towel. It fits into my theme so well.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Very cute! you will have to show us what you have done when you are finished.
Sharon

Amy @ Keep'n The SunnySide said...

Ketha we share the same love of hens. I collect Roosters and hens, and they are all over my kitchen. I have that same hen in your picture.. only mine is yellow. I got her at Home Goods. Love the dishtowel.. super cute.