Saturday, July 4, 2009

For me, the 4th of July has another meaning. It's the day my Daddy went home to be with the Lord. It's been 30 years and there's not a day I don't think of him. It hurt so much to lose him when I did. Now,I only think of it as the day he truly gained his "Independence". Every daughter should be as lucky as I was to have the kind of father he was. He put everyone else first and never complained about anything....was the perfect example of how a parent should raise a child. I never heard any inappropriate language come from his mouth, he never talked about anyone else and dearly loved not only my brother and I, but cherished our Mother. Here's a cute analogy of our Fathers...the author is anonymous

4 years: My Daddy can do anything!
7 years: My Dad knows a lot…a whole lot.
8 years: My father does not know quite everything.
12 years: Oh well, naturally Father does not know that either.
14 years: Oh, Father? He is hopelessly old-fashioned.
21 years: Oh, that man-he is out of date!
25 years: He knows a little bit about it, but not much.
30 years: I must find out what Dad thinks about it.
35 years: Before we decide, we will get Dad's idea first.
50 years: What would Dad have thought about that?
60 years: My Dad knew literally everything!
65 years: I wish I could talk it over with Dad once more.

I don't worry about him only mourn my loss...He's walking with The Master...how could anyone complain about that.... Love you Daddy, always will.

* Thank you Ellynanne from Apron Memories for finding this keeper.

No comments: