Thursday, April 10, 2008

It Doesn't Seem Possible


It was a year ago that we helped Jan, my daughter, move to Irving, Texas. She had lived in Vegas for a few years and wanted to venture out on her own. She and her significant other drove her loaded down car. We pulled a U-Haul behind our truck. Since we were on a pretty close time frame, we had to move quickly. We painted and pasted and lifted and moved and then came time for us to leave. Her place is in a safe part of town and she seemed to have planned everything out before hand. All we had to do is say our "goodbyes" and pull away.

There comes a time in every parent's life where they hear that little "whisper" telling them to let go... and this was the whisper for Jan. I didn't want to leave her behind... had a lot of concerns and worries but knew that it's all a part of that "letting go" process. All I could do at this point was to place her in the arms of God and let Him take care of her for me. He's never failed me before and I had no reason to believe He would now.







As we headed west, we passed by the Fort Worth Stockyards. We had to stop. It was like stepping back in time during the old cattle rustling days. Wayne especially liked it because his grandfather worked at a feed lot. For him it stirred memories. I've included a few pictures. Hope you enjoy.


We stopped at this campsite near Tucson, Arizona

Beautiful Ocotillo and Saguaro

Days end...


Blessings,

1 comment:

Aunt Ruthie said...

Hello sweet as a cupcake Ketha, I just wanted to let you know I am praying for you and your upcoming surgery. Bless your heart. Let me know how you are doing when you feel up to it! Thank you for your kind words and for stopping by my blog!
Hugs!
Ruthann
Warm Pie, Happy Home