Tuesday, August 4, 2009

"Vintage Aprons"

My mother was a collector of aprons. She wore one when she was cooking and others when she was entertaining.
I was looking at another blog..."Apronista.com" and she's hosting an "apronfest" this week. This got me to thinking about all the aprons I have that were my mother's. I decided to get them out, go relive my memories and then to post some pictures. These aren't the best pictures but I think you'll get the idea. There's a couple where I added a close up of some detail...









There is one more apron that I wanted to share. This is my very first sewing attempt. I had to make an apron in Home Economics. Money was really tight at the time so mother dug out an old mill sack, ripped it open and that is what I used. This apron is 48 years old... I hope you enjoyed looking at these as much as I do. It's part of my heritage...a memory I love to dwell on.

Blessings,

5 comments:

~Tonja~ said...

Oh Ketha your collection is beautiful...lucky you
I love them all...thank you for sharing them...
Sweet Blessings...
Tonja

Becca said...

What a treasure, your first apron. Thank you for sharing with us.

Anonymous said...

Love them!!!! You have a wonderful Secret Sista too!

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Hi Ketha,

Oh what pretty aprons you have there. Nice photos. I have a couple of my moms too. I'm sure they all have lots of happy memories of the women who wore them.

Debbie

Libby@CookingWithLibby said...

Oh wow Ketha! Your collection of aprons are just adorable. I love it and I love the last one...the very first one you made. What a great story and memory :)