Wednesday, June 24, 2009

"Little Chef" Vintage Oven

All of us girls can remember playing "house" and making delicious meals with our imaginations and our toy stoves. I didn't have one, but always wanted one. My speciality was "mud pies" made under the grapevine, using the warmth of the sun as my "oven" and adding grapes as an ingredient.

Well...one of my favorite blogs that I love to visit is "Sugar Pie Farmhouse". Aunt Ruthie has the most wonderful spirit and it's obvious that she loves the Lord. She also has the most darling home, which she spends so much time and love into making it a special place for her family. One of her accents in her kitchen is a little oven...I noticed it the very first time I saw it. I've been in pursuit of one ever since. I finally found one and it's on it's way to my home... I can't wait.


Right now, I've got my eye on some utensils that go with this little oven. I hope I am able to get those too.

I decided to try to find some history of this "find" and came across a Little Golden Book that was not written to go with the oven but has little recipes that can go with the oven. If I can find one of these, I'm hooking it too.


I know this all sounds silly but it's fun to re-live some of our past childhood memories. Those are days that are long past and sometimes can't be recaptured.

Blessings,


No comments: